Student Lab Safety Instructions
For Animal Physiology, (BIOL 3408) and/or Mammalogy (BIOL 4419), you must complete the laboratory safety course before the
12th class day or you will be dropped from the lecture and lab.
training is located on Blackboard and consists of 13 sections. Each section
consist of a short video and then five multiple choice questions. Students must
complete each section with a score of 80% or better before they can access the
next section. Once all sections are completed the student can print a copy of
the certificate of completion for their records. I do not want nor require the
- The Lab Safety quizzes are
located on Blackboard. Blackboard can be found at the top of the TAMUK
homepage, www.tamuk.edu (next to the Blue and Gold Connection). Click on
"Blackboard". Sign in to Blackboard by entering your username (also known as
your ksxxx0000) and password.
- On the right side of the page find the section "My Courses" and select the BIOL0000
1xx 201310: BIOL Lab Safety".
click on Lab Safety Quizzes (located on the left hand side under Course
Menu) and then choose the FIRST quiz titled "01 Orientation to Lab Safety".
Click on the red tab on the right side labeled "Begin".
- View the video and take the quiz. After you have answered all 5 questions for
each section, click on the "Submit and Save" button. To view your score
click on the OK button found at the lower right side of the page. If your
score is 80% or better you may click on the Lab Safety Quizzes, located on
the left hand side under Course Menu and the next quiz section will open at
the bottom of the page.
- If you want to see your answers to any quiz, click on your score. If necessary you
can re-take the quiz by going back to Lab Safety Quizzes.
- After completing the second quiz with 80% or better, the third will open up ... and so on until all thirteen quizzes have been completed.
- After you have completed all 13 sections, click on the next section, "Course
Finished -- Sign and Print Me!". Please fill out the certificate with your
name and student number, then you may print the certificate for your records.
- If you experience any difficulties navigating in Blackboard, please call Ms. Shanda Kumro at
593-2745 or come by he office in the Biology building office # 106.
- If you are having technical problems with Blackboard, contact the iTech Help
Desk at 361-593-4357.
Regardless of the activity in the lab, students must wear the appropriate clothing which
includes, at a minimum closed toe shoes, long pants or long skirt and a
shirt/blouse with sleeves.